Then winter rolls around and things start getting a little stressed. Things that were out of my control and just part of life( money, jobs, yada yada yada). When I started to get stressed, I was craving comfort food, which made me feel sick, which led to getting sick. What happened? Oh! That was a habit of mine in the past. Get stressed, eat comfort food, duh. So, once I recognized what was going on , I had to change that habit and nip it in the butt. That involved a lot of arguing with myself inside my head. And I still am working on that one.
So I was working out, eating good...but stressed. Then I started noticing my strength and endurance had gone way down. One day I was running sprints and felt like I was in slow motion. I could not figure out what was going on. I asked Jordan about it and she said it could have a lot to do with my stress. So, now something else to work on. After that work out of sprints in slow motion, I came home and decided to sit and be still, meditate and pray. Ah ha! that's it! That's what I needed to do. I realized I was trying to control all these different aspects of my life that only God can control. I realized that I was so worried about our future that I wasn't even living in the moment. I had no idea my body had taken a beating from me being so stressed.
So today, I have realized that its not just your work out or your diet or your mental health. Its ALL of it. There is so much more I could write about that has to do with my emotional healing and how all this ties in together. But for now I give you a taste of my day to day life and how it has changed. It has changed the way I interact with my family too.
I am excited to start the year with this transformation in progress. I just started my Yoga teacher training. I will become a CCYT(certified Christian yoga teacher) and a RYT ( registered Yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance). I look forward to learning more about how God created our bodies and how to take care of them.
1 comment:
Val,
I love this!
"I had no idea my body had taken a beating from me being so stressed. So today, I have realized that its not just your work out or your diet or your mental health. Its ALL of it."
This is such a good word!
It is all important! The body loves to feel good and it adapts to what you give it. If you treat it well, it remembers what that feels like and craves it like crazy. In the words of Dr. Dan... "You are just fine tuning, these days".
It is so encouraging to hear your story and see the changes. Your hard work is inspiring. You will be a fantastic yoga teacher!
Jordan
Post a Comment